Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hugh Ross and Asperger's

Some of you might know my boss, Hugh Ross. You might have even heard him talk about how he read all the books on astronomy in the public library by the age of 7. What you might not know is that Hugh has a form of autism called Asperger's. It's on YouTube so I don't think he's trying to keep it a secret. Here is his advice for parents of children with Asperger's.


If your child has Asperger's and a high interest in science, who knows? Maybe he'll be the next Hugh Ross.

1 comment:

Jim said...

This was a great video. I have a boy in our kids' church that shows a lot of the traits he describes here (but like he also pointed out, I wouldn't want to guess at a diagnosis). He's in 4th grade. Last week we were discussing assumptions based in logic (LNC, How Do I Know That I Exist?, etc.) and he said, "Well, Descartes said, 'I think, therefore I am'!". He's constantly reading way over his level (he's skipped a grade too), to the point that his mom worries that he's going to miss other things in life. Some social skill struggles too. I think I'll share this video with his mom.

BTW, I couldn't help maximizing the screen and scrutinizing the bookshelves :). Love the cup too.