Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Starry Night Education


I recently came across a new (to me) astronomy curriculum: Starry Night. They have modules that cover grades K-12. It's a little on the spendy side, but I thought it might interest some of you. Sample lessons and screen shots can be viewed on the web site. It seems to incorporate an interactive sky chart, which looks kind of cool.

Let me give a quick plug here for teaching astronomy, in general. Usually, astronomy is folded into one or two units of earth science. In my opinion, this is sort of unfortunate, especially for Christians, since so much evidence for supernatural design comes from astronomy. We spent an entire year on astronomy. It naturally follows any study of chemistry and physics because it contains the outworking of many of those concepts.

No comments: