Saturday, June 13, 2009

Finding a Needle in a Haystack...Sort Of...

Jim in VA writes:
Hi,

Just wanted to express much gratitude for your recommendations. I attended the Virginia Homeschool Convention today and was pleased to see that Real Science for Kids had a booth. I was so impressed that I ordered the entire pre-level 1 bundle for my seven year old.

I was getting discouraged as I had set out to find some science curriculum, and was lost in a sea of Young Earthers with huge booths, but alas, I stumbled upon these guys and my wife and I are relieved to have our science taken care of this early in the summer.
Jim, let me and the readers know how things go this year with the curriculum. Everyone else out there got their science curriculum picked out for next year?

3 comments:

havoc said...

We are seriously looking at making the jump from Christian schools to homeschool. With a 4th grader and a 7th grader, I need advice on more than just science texts.

If anyone wants to help me out on this, feel free to email me at havoc@harrisdev.com. Thanks!

hippimama said...

We're currently using Singapore Science for our 7th grader -- and will use it again next year, although we find it a bit dry. We'll supplement with nature study and science biographies. We're beginning to research science curricula for high school biology and are considering using Singapore for that too. Does anyone have any experience with this curriculum, and if so, could you post a review?

Jim H. said...

The clincher for me is that the Well Trained Mind folks now list Real Science 4 Kids as a recommended curriculum.

I will check back in this fall with a report.