Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bush on Creation, Evolution, and God

I'm off for a week on vacation. In the meantime, I wanted to leave you with President Bush's comments last week about evolution. Based on what he says, it seems like he believes in some version of theistic evolution, although I think it could be argued Bush is aware that he doesn't have a very sophisticated understanding of the matter.



My "annoying" question is, how can the Bible not be "literally" true, but still have validity? Why should I trust what it says about salvation (a theological truth that I can't empirically verify) if it's full of incorrect statements about the world that I know? That idea has never made much sense to me. But I'm just a "simple theologian."

3 comments:

Sabai said...

Well, I'm glad to hear he's thought things through.

Anne said...

I am continually baffled by the lack of knowledge of those who call themselves by His name. (Romans 10:1-4)

Violin Mom said...

Just discovered your blog. What a wonderful resource! Happy New Year! Have a blessed 2009! from Violin Mom in FLA.