Sunday, August 3, 2008

Environmental Stewardship

The most common question I seem to be fielding lately is with regard to global warming. People seem to want to know three things:
1) Is the Earth actually getting warmer?

2) If so, are humans responsible?

3) What, if anything, can or should be done about it?

Many Christian parents are looking for curricula about environmentalism and global warming written from a Christian worldview, while also promoting good science and not being overly politicized.

I think I have finally found just the ticket I can recommend to people. It's a small collection of easy-to-read essays written by my friends at the Acton Institute.

Environmental Stewardship in the Judeo-Christian Tradition


This little paperback is the best, introductory treatment I've found that lays out the biblical foundation for stewardship, while also balancing sound principles of economics and freedom.

They also have a new DVD curriculum entitled, (currently only available for pre-order), Effective Stewardship. The second lesson is about the environment ("Wisdom on the Environment"). I received a preview copy and it's fabulous.

Both resources would make great curriculum supplements for high schoolers.

No comments: