Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Exchange

Here is an excerpt from a conversation I had with my eight-year old this morning:

EE: Mom, I have a Bible question for you.

Me: OK. What is it?

EE: What's the deal with the flood?

Me: What do you mean?

EE: What do young-earth creationists say about the flood?

Me: Why do you ask?

EE: My friend, L told our paleontology teacher that dinosaurs shrunk on the ark.

I resisted making a joke about God putting the dinosaurs in the dryer. And I'm sure the paleontology teacher was thinking, "What the heck!?"

Me: Okaaaaaay....

EE: Seriously.

Me: What did you say?

EE: I didn't say anything. I just thought that was a subject I better not get into with her.

Me: [Laughing] That was probably a wise choice. Sometimes it's just best to nod your head and change the subject.

EE: That's what I did. I asked her what baseball team she roots for.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

:groan: I remember THAT argument. It never made sense. If pre-flood humans were soooo much healthier, taller, etc. than post-flood humans because of the great climate and food stuff, why weren't the dinosaurs bigger too? :P