Monday, July 9, 2007

R.E.A.L. Science

I wanted to bring a new curriculum to your awareness. Ok, it's probably not that new. Just new to me.

There are currently two texts in the series and it is published by Pandia Press. According to the web site, the texts are appropriate for K-4. Based on what I've seen, I'd say that's probably pretty accurate, although I think my fourth grader would find it a little too easy. But it might be just right for others.

- R.E.A.L. Science: Life (Level 1) (I have not formally reviewed this text yet, but I am pretty certain it doesn't promote evolution. But don't sue me if I'm wrong.)

- R.E.A.L. Science: Earth & Space (Level 1)

Ok, now this one I have reviewed and I can tell you that it is secular in its approach to science. Don't interpret my use of the word "secular" to mean "atheistic". What I mean by secular is that the text contains no mention of God, either for or against. It has no mention of evolution either. So you'll have to supply your own commentary about how this fits with the Christian worldview.

A full review of the major curriculum options is available through Reasons To Believe: Teaching Science from a Christian Worldview.

No comments: