Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family Watchdog

This is a little off-topic, but hopefully you won't mind. Since this is a homeschool blog, I am assuming that mostly parents read this so it kind of relates.


I'm taking a quick time out from book writing here to tell you about a very cool web site that my friend sent me. It's called Family Watchdog and it was started by John Walsh, host of America's Most Wanted. You just type in your address and immediately a map pops up with the exact names, addresses and pictures of all of the sex offenders in your neighborhood. Right on!

One of my daughters is just now old enough to be able to ride her bike around the neighborhood. And although I have done my best to instill a healthy cautiousness about "evil people in the world who want to hurt children," she is still very innocent and pretty much believes that everyone is nice and loves Jesus. I plan to show her this map as tangible proof that even people in our own neighborhood have been in jail for doing very bad things. I don't want to completely scare her, but at the same time I don't want her to be completely naive either.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass this along.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Glad to have found your "new" home. I'm also glad to see you're blogging on OEC.